Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Shrimp


Shrimp is one of my favorite foods. That's about the only seafood, other than fish, that I like. Not a fan of lobster or crab. I tried this easy shrimp recipe a while ago and we both love it! I've been told that it's like Shrimp Scampi, but since I've never had that I can't really say! I'll let you know the next time I go to Red Lobster :)

Ingredients:
1 lb. frozen shrimp. (I buy the frozen medium shrimp that's cooked, peeled, and deveined)
2 tbsp oil (I've used vegetable, olive, and sunflower)
1 tbsp garlic powder
parsley flakes

To Make:
1. Pour oil into large skillet and heat over medium high. Once it's warm, swirl around to cover bottom of skillet.
2. Sprinkle garlic powder and parsley flakes over oil. I don't measure the parsley, I just sprinkle an even layer across the whole pan. Then I let it cook for about 30 seconds so the flavors can start to blend.

3. Add the frozen shrimp to the pan. Let cook for 5 minutes, then mix/flip the shrimp so they cook evenly.
4. As the shrimp cooks, it will release water. I cook the shrimp until the water is almost completely cooked off. Usually it takes about 10-15 minutes depending on how high you have the heat. I mix the shrimp one additional time while it cooks.

5. Turn off the burner and serve up the shrimp!

We ate the shrimp with fries, because we're fancy like that :) Pretty simple and oh so yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment